November 2nd I started working at Snapsale as the head of iOS development. At the moment that means the head of me, so I get to do all the fun stuff myself. :-)
In that context I'm setting up an iOS test lab, that I've called "Snapsale iOS Lab" (yes, I'm that original in my naming). For my own sake, to remember with future devices, and to inspire other iOS developers (this might even apply to some degree to other mobile app devs), here is the list of tasks I do for each device.
When setting up a new iOS device:
- Set it up with the labs iCloud account
- Set no TouchID or PIN code
- Turn off key sound
- Give it a name with the template "iOS Labs [iOS/iPhone/AppleTV] [modelNumber] w/iOS [version]"
- Turn off automatic screen lock
- Turn on automatic downloads ...